i'll tell u 2 ways. 1 is EX 2 PC, other is EX 2 pc with ACID (my way of making music with acid software).
like mentioned above,
1.plug in the headphone output of the EX into the LINE IN on the computer soundcard. it doesn't matter what kind of soundcard u have, 99% of sound cards will support it.
2. open up some recording program (example: sound recorded *it sucks but does the job*, or sound forge, or wave recorder or 1 of the other ones u can download off the net.
3. now makesure the sound u play on the EX comes out of ur computer speakers. If it doesn't then try this (this is only for WINDOWS users)
a.click on the little speaker icon at the bottom right corner of the task bar on the screen.
b.now select the line in.
4. now in ur recording programing, hit record, and play the song on ur EX.
5. if that software allows, then convert to MP3, else use another software like mp3compressor to compress ur wave file (which will be huge) to make it into a mp3.
thats it. ===============================
EX5 2 PC with ACID
1.do same as above (to record), but leave ur file as a wave, not as mp3.
2.then pull up the file into acid.
4.place the file appropriately where ever it is to be positioned. meaning where ever u want the sound of that file to start.
5. play it and make sure its right
6. solo all the tracks u want to record as a song.
7. click "EDIT" then "MIX 2 NEW TRACK"
8. now u got a new track.
9. now open up SOUND FORGE (if u have it)
10. click "PROCESS" then "NORMALIZE"
11. new window opens up, choose "MAX PEAK VALUES" from the drop down list.
12. click "OK"
13. click save. (u should save it as a wave file)
14. click "FILE" then "SAVE AS", now adjust the settings to save ur song as a mp3.
BADA BOOM BADA BING.